Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'll only Listen to Classical Music (a few days in)


Well, it's been about 4 days now and I have to say I've been listening to way more Classical Music than I expected. I've even found myself humming tunes during the day as I teach or do other stuff.
So far I've been listening to a lot of Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake" and "The Nutcracker." Ok, I know they're cheesy, but they're also really good! Long... But good! I have also been listening to some Beethoven collections, Mozart classics and a "relaxing" compilation that I put on to... well.. umm.. feel relaxed.
So far the experiment has not been at all frustrating in any way. If anything it has been really enjoyable. I have always enjoyed classical music, but have never really taken the time to listen to it for lengths at a time. So I've found that forcing myself to listening to this genre has really helped my appreciation and my understanding of the music and it's different styles.
The main purpose of the 'for one week' experiment is to tamper with different things for 'one week' in order to gain a greater appreciation for that thing or to perhaps add something positive to my lifestyle. So far I can say that I think I will be listening to more classical music in the future and I may even venture to attend a Ballet one of these days... Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment